After a week or two of manual labor in the yard and packing box upon box, as well as moving furniture around, today’s topic is more than relevant to me: taking care of your hands. Your hands will be one of the first parts of your body to show your age if you don’t take care of them. Here are some tips I stole from About.com:
* Wear a high SPF sunscreen on the backs of your hands every day, even in winter and on cloudy days.
* Wear gloves every time you wash dishes or handwash clothing.
* Use a mild pH soap when washing your hands.
* Put lotion on your hands after you wash them, every time!
* Always wear gloves when you garden or do heavy housework.
* Wear gloves to protect your hands from cold weather.
* Get manicures from reputable spas or nail salons that practice good sanitation.
One very easy and quick thing I do is, after applying facial moisturizer (with SPF, of course), I rub the excess onto the backs of my hands. I keep hand cream in my desk drawer at work and under the sink next to the dishwashing soap. The spa manicure will have to wait until after the move is finished, but I assure you, it’s on the to-do list!