First, ladies and gentlemen, always REMEMBER YOUR SUNSCREEN. Don’t make me say it again. There is nothing beautiful about flaky, peeling, painfully red skin, or for that matter, about sheer stupidity. The message about sun damage and skin cancer is out there, loud and clear. No excuses; use sunscreen already.
These tips are from Indobase.com:
- Let your skin breathe and use sheer makeup that serve more than one purposes. It is important to keep the humidity locked in as sweating dries skin out. So, lock away your foundation for the season and use a light moisturizer with sun block instead.
- Cheek sticks and crème eye colors are easy to apply and last longer in summer.
- If you must apply foundation, mix it with loose powder to keep you looking fresh throughout the day.
- Eyes should be done simply. Use neutral and soft shimmery eye shadow on lids and work on lashes instead.
- Go for the nude natural look for the lips. Even for evening parties, it is preferable to use loose shimmer powder on arms and neck and a soft gloss on lips.
One last tip from yours truly: remember to get real. When it’s soaring past 100 degrees and it’s so humid there are moisture droplets dangling breathlessly in the air, give up trying to look flawless and fresh as a daisy. It’s hot. Keep a dose of reality on stand-by and remember to have fun and be safe, above all else.