Hair Loss

With all the hair strands I am constantly pulling off my clothes and sweeping up from the bathroom floor, I am astounded that I am not completely bald yet. Ever wonder what normal hair loss is? I wondered, so I checked out Healthscout.com. Shedding 50 to 100 hairs per day is actually normal. At any given time, about 90% of the hair on your scalp is growing, a phase that lasts between 2 and 6 years. The remaining 10% of your hair is in a resting phase that lasts between 2 and 3 months before that hair sheds.

A sudden increase in shedding can be caused by stress, medication, surgery, fever, inadequate protein, and even birth control pills. Read the full article to find out how these factors influence hair loss, and what to do if you think your hair loss is excessive.

Advertisements

I love comments! Share your feedback, questions, and other observations here.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s