My top pet peeves are:
1. Too much make-up (like the young lady pictured, but not always so over the top!)
2. Fuzzy spider lashes from glopping on mascara
3. Visible lipliner…what is that about? Why liner but no color?
4. Crappy highlights. Good lord, ladies, back away from the bleach already.
5. Flip flops. Maybe this doesn’t really fit here, but I hate these sloppy, annoying shoes!
6. While we’re discussing footwear…people (including men!) who wear sandals and flip flops but don’t take care of their feet! Yuck!
7. Clothes that are too damn tight. If you have to tug, yank, stretch, and fuss, then please realize the damn thing doesn’t fit.
8. Nail polish that looks like a mouse has been nibbling on it. When it starts to chip, just take it all off!
9. Visible foundation and/or powder. This one is really creepy close-up. I don’t wear foundation because nothing says “breakout” like slathering my face with foundation, and if I ever look like I used chalk dust to powder my face, I hope someone tells me to go wash my face.
10. Chickens! One person’s beauty pet peeve may be another person’s expression of themselves. If you want purple hair or green lipstick, hey, go for it. Don’t let the magazines and so-called experts stifle what make-up should ultimately be: a unique reflection of what is inside.