There are a few things you can try easily at home:
1. Use warm water, a wash cloth, and a small amount of sugar to lightly buff your lips and smoothe away the dry skin. As soon as you dry your lips, apply a lip balm (tip from dailymakeover.com).
2. After you brush your teeth, use the rinsed but still wet toothbrush to make gentle, circular motions on your lips to exfoliate them. As soon as I’m done, I apply my Smith’s Rosebud Salve to keep my lips from getting chapped again.
To prevent chapped lips in the first place, try these tips from ehow.com:
* Don’t lick your lips, since the evaporation of your saliva will dry out your lips.
* Drink plenty of water for hydration.
* Use lip balm that contains sunscreen if you will be outside.